Thank you to the Infection Control and Prevention professionals for your leadership and tireless efforts to manage and mitigate the risks of further spread of COVID-19. Your work saves lives, and we are proud to serve you however we can.
Lung ultrasonography and echocardiography are vital imaging technologies used to help manage COVID-19 and support patients suspected of having or positive with the virus. In addition to protecting frontline healthcare workers with PPE, APIC recommends safe handling of equipment, including ultrasound transducers and systems, in preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2.
From adequately covering the ultrasound equipment with a viral barrier cover or drape to cleaning and reprocessing the transducer and system after use, CIVCO’s COVID-19 Action resource provides industry guidelines and recommendations, as well as the product solutions customers rely on to keep patients and clinicians safe from infection. These solutions include:
- Transducer covers for General Purpose, Transesophageal (TEE), transvaginal and transrectal probes
- Gel-free probe cover options to eliminate ultrasound gel for easier set-up and clean-up
- Covers for handheld and wireless ultrasound systems
- Ultrasound system, keyboard, and other equipment covers
- TEE transport trays for safe handling of probes between rooms
- Automated high-level disinfection systems for TEE, transvaginal, and transrectal ultrasound probes
- Storage solutions for ultrasound transducers between patients
CIVCO remains committed to providing you with the ultrasound protective supplies you need to perform the best level of care. The safety of patients, front-line healthcare professionals, and our employees is our first and utmost priority in this united fight against COVID-19.
Sr. Marketing Manager
CIVCO Medical Solutions
Office: 319-248-6510 | Mobile: 319-430-3578